Wednesday, November 22, 2017

November Fairy Business


Fairy Business 
By Sue Smyth 



Recently I went to an visual installation that featured
fairies, dragons and elves, it was gorgeous.
It so inspired me to do a woodland
fairy canvas  



First I started with crumpled tissue paper, which I painted 
black, then I added wood fibre, also painted black


Then I painted the canvas moss green and dried
it off . And then added
inka Gold and metallic paints.


Next I altered a plastic doll to look like
a woodland fairy.
The wings are a large butterfly which
has had moss added to it.
I have added a skirt in sheet moss 

Cloisonne Butterfly technique 


This is one of my favourite techniques (please forgive the blurry
shot here lol)
Cover a chip butterfly with 
Purple liquid pearls, use 
a toothpick to move it out to the edges nicely.


Then add dots of gold liquid pearls.


Then use a toothpick to swirl the 
gold around the purple while it is 
still wet. Dont over do, 
then allow to dry. 


Then I have arranged my canvas, added
vines, tiny mushrooms, pine cones and flowers.

Here are some close ups to show the details








A little Christmas Cheer 



With the silly season almost here, my thoughts 
turn to decorating. 
This was a purchased book box that 
I thought would be lovely if decorated in side.


So I added some background paper then the 
ID window, which is covered with my 
faux snow..see below for recipe


It gives a wonderful textured look to the window


Then some green moss looks like 
foliage, especially when I have
dabbed it with a little white gesso to 
create a snowed look.



I have tucked some Tim Holtz deer in side the window too and 
of course some ID chipboard trees, also 
covered in the faux snow.

Faux Snow 

It is really difficult I know lol

1 teaspoon of white gesso
1 teaspoon of white glitter 
mix together until happy, add more glitter for more
texture.

You can use fine glitter (which I have) or 
chunky glitter for a more textured look.

Happy Crafting 





No comments:

Post a Comment