Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Take some time out for some creating

Hi, Sonia here with my post for November. What a crazy time of year it is for everyone! Time is flying past so fast that it is nice to stop, relax and get some creativity going. I actually didn't think I'd have time to get my projects done this month as it's so busy but once I stopped and sat at my craft desk, I could feel the relaxation setting in!
I was also lucky enough to find a couple of hours to go to my local Scrapbook Store to do a class based on the teachings of Dyan Reaveley which puts me well out of my comfort zone! I loved the page we did for our journal in class but seeing as I couldn't quite break my OCD habits - I opted to make a co-ordinating page for one of my projects this month. I just couldn't leave one lonely page in my journal without a 'friend' to go with it. I'm not sure of the end result but I had a lot of fun doing it!!!!

'You Light Up My Life'

Imaginarium Designs products used: 'You Light Up My Life' phrase, 2 Frames on a Board (IDT0006) and Nat's Hand Drawn Leaves (IDD0044) 

 All of the chipboard has been heat embossed using white embossing powder

 I have just used the top of one of the Frames to slip behind the tag and clock. The rest of it I trimmed off and have kept for another project!

'Cherish Tag'

Imaginarium Designs products used: Oval Swirly Edge Frame (IDFR0031) and Skeletal Feather (IDD0061)

 Both of these pieces have been heat embossed in white. I love the bubbled texture which happened quite by accident. At first I heat embossed in aged gold but decided it didn't have the soft look I was going for so I heat embossed over the top in white. As I used the heat gun the surface bubbled and gave this fabulous vintage look!
 The frame and feather work so beautifully together and as chipboard is not too bulky, it is easy to layer on a project.

'Let Your Light Shine' Journal Page

 Imaginarium Designs products used: Nat's Hearts (IDD0042), Four Circles Border with Lines (IDB0002), Capital letters (IDAUC0001), Lower Case Letters (IDALC0001) and Isobel Upper Case IDA0009)

 The letters have all been mixed up but inked in the same teal ink to co-ordinate them. My packs are running a bit short of some letters so rather than waste them, mixing the styles and sizes like this gives a very effective look.
 With the border chipboard piece, I trimmed off the solid edge to fit the space on my page. I inked the chipboard with a black ink and then added in some Turquoise rhinestones

Enjoy November and the warmer weather it brings (for those of us in the Southern Hemisphere that is!). Happy creating
Sonia x


No comments:

Post a Comment