Thursday, June 8, 2017

Take a little time to de-stress and play!

Hi it's Sonia here and can you believe it's my June post?!! That's right - it's the middle of the year already! I don't know about you, but the middle of the year is always a hectic time for me so I love to take out my scrapbooking stash and have a play. It's my time to create and de-stress!
When I sat down to do this months projects I didn't have a particular theme in mind. I just knew I wanted some time to play and have fun with my chipboard. So I decided to do a canvas with lots of mini pieces on it. This meant I would have more gorgeous things to play with! By creating a canvas without photos it gave me freedom to just play and have fun

'Magical Moment' Canvas

 Imaginarium Designs products used: Oval Frames (IDT0002), Capture Moment Words (IDW0076), Peacock Feathers (IDD0060), Magical Moment (IDP0214), Steam Punk Clock (IDT0016)


 The chipboard has all been heat embossed with white embossing powder. This gives a wonderful crisp white finish without losing any of the beautiful details of the chipboard. If you use paint to cover the chipboard,  sometimes the paint can get caught in the smaller parts and you lose the details.
 The tinies Frames are fabulous for highlighting details without adding bulk. In this case I've used them to highlight the gorgeous birds and girl from the images on the paper

 The smaller words are great to use in small spots. They add a bit of dimension and interest where needed

After completing my canvas I needed to add to my stash of cards. I always like to have some on hand just in case I need one at the last minute!

'Lifetime of Memories' card

 Imaginarium Designs products used: Oval Swirly Edge Frame (IDFR0031), Skeletal Feather (IDD0058)
 The gorgeous chipboard frame and feather have been heat embossed in an aged gold. This ties it in with the vintage feel of the papers

'Moments' Card

 Imaginarium Designs products used: Set of 7 Leaves (IDFL0018) and 4 Small Butterflies (IDT0014)
 The chipboard has been heat embossed with the aged gold embossing powder. This has given a great finish to the leaves and butterfly without any of the gorgeous details getting lost

I hope you have enjoyed the results of my 'me' time and hopefully you'll get some time to play and relax with some Imaginarium Designs chipboard soon
Happy crafting!
Sonia x

No comments:

Post a Comment