Monday, May 5, 2014

Banners And Stars

Welcome everyone! I hope you have had a wonderful weekend. Today, I am sharing two layouts with you, both using the same products, but with different techniques. I will focus on how I have used the chipboard banners (my new addiction!) and stars on both layouts, but with different outcomes for the designs created.  

Firstly, I'd like to share a layout I created of my youngest daughter (before she decided to go on a growing spree and become a giant, lol!). 


"TOTALLY ADORE"
This layout started with the vellum envelope filled with sequins and buttons - and this idea originated from a class that Kim Archer taught at a recent scrapbook retreat. I thought to myself - that is really cool, and I want to try it on a layout. This is the end result. And once I had worked out the design, I decided I didn't feel like taping or gluing all those paper layers down, so I simply stapled them to the cardstock (yes I did!!!).  


The clouds were very simple to create - I painted them with white gesso, covered them with Kindy Glitz (crystalline), and adhered them with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to give them height and dimension.


The banner was a little more time consuming, but still relatively easy. I painted the banner in the required colour, adhered it to the layout with foam dots (for height), then added coloured rhinestones. I then finished it off with a coat of Dimensional Magic, which gave it a glossy, shiny look, and a little protection.

The stars were created by experimentation. I covered them with blue ink and dried them thoroughly with a heat gun. I then added a coat of Tattered Angels Icicle Glimmer Glaze, and quickly sprinkled some crushed silver glass over the top (before the glaze could dry), for a glittered effect. I love the final outcome - I think these stars are gorgeous! (Not to mention very, very versatile).


The title has been painted blue, and coated with Dimensional Magic. With all the other details and sparkles on the page, I wanted to keep the title simple.

IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED:







My second layout was created for the "One Of A Kind" challenge on the Page Drafts Challenge Site. The entire Imaginarium Designs team joined in the fun this month, and all their beautiful work can be viewed on the Page Drafts blog


"SUCH A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT IN TIME"
I created this layout using one of the sketches from the Page Drafts challenge site. I again used the banners and stars, but to create a totally different design. 


I used Dylusions mists to coat the flourishes, then added Stickles glitter for a little sparkle. The butterflies were created using a combination of Heidi Swapp's teal and gold mists, with large rhinestones added to the centre for further detail and decoration. The title "Moment In Time" was simply coated with black ink, then heat embossed with black embossing powder. 

This time, I kept my stars simple - a coat of black paint, finished with a coat of Glossy Accents. Don't they look lovely and shiny! 


But I had the most fun with the banner. I wanted something different other then just a coat of paint. So again, I decided to experiment. I used the Heidi Swapp teal mist to coat the benner, but before it could dry, I finely sprinkled some embossing enamel (aged teal) over the top. I then carefully heat embossed the enamel, so as not to cause it to bubble. The end result was an amazing banner with a glittered and textured finish. I simply finished off the banner with a row of rhinestones for a little added bling. 

IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED:













Thank-you for joining me today, and don't forget to leave a comment to be in the draw for a prize pack of Imaginarium goodies!!! 

If you would like to view more of my work, please visit my blog: 

Have a wonderful week!!! xxx



2 comments: